Monday, October 19, 2009

Mandarin Class

I went to Mandarin class on Saturday. I really like the other students. They are from all over the world and most of them have been in Shanghai for at least 2 years. They tried other methods of learning Mandarin and decided to try a structured class at the University. Everyone was pretty excited to get a fresh start. But....The teacher was a very nice person but I don't think she has ever taught a class. I could tell in the first hour of class that it was not going to work for me. I went to lunch with the other students and did not go back to the class. : ) I was pretty sure there was going to be a mutiny when the class resumed. I was lucky that I had not paid the fees yet....others were not so lucky.

Today....I got an email from the director of the program. It said....Please come back!......We hired a different, more exuberant teacher. Hmmmm.....Should I try it again???

No comments:

Post a Comment