Sunday, October 4, 2009

It was a very busy September for the Spofford family...trips to the US, getting Abi moved and settled in to University, getting our house in Vancouver painted, and our favorite pastime...visiting with friends and family.

I am very far behind on my blog so I will just start with this week and try not to feel overwhelmed by all that I have not posted.

I returned to Shanghai last Friday evening and the following day Tim and I flew to Sanya which is a small town on an Island that is off the coast of southern China. We celebrated my birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary. I am planning to enjoy every minute of the last year in my forties... :) AND...another 30 years being married to my best friend.

Photos from Sanya...


Views from our room



During the second and third day we were on the island there was a typhoon that brought big waves and winds to the beach. The main storm hit Vietnam so we just got the outer part of the storm.

The waves were really high and rough...


the morning after the storm we went to the beach....there were two large pipes running the length of the beach. At first we thought they washed ashore during the storm but later learned that they were placed on the beach during the previous evening.

The pipes helped preserve the beach....they did their job....the next day the sand was about 4 feet lower than the pipes...right after the storm they took the pipes apart and raked the beach removing the drop in the sand... It was pretty fun to watch the process.

Tim enjoying the beach after the storm....he got a little...okay a lot...sunburned the first day in Sanya...the sun was very sneaky.
This is me enjoy the beach and sun.....
We stayed in Sanya for 5 days....enjoyed the storm...the nice weather, and our air conditioned room. We each read a book and started a second....ahhhh...that is my type of vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment