Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Audi in Ingolstadt

We went to the Audi factory today to do the paperwork on our car and to pick up a "loaner" car. Wow!!! I was not expecting this place to be a "destination" but it truly was. The complex has several restaurants, a movie theater, a museum, and a store in addition to the factory. The factory tour was fascinating. Sorry no pictures are allowed in the factory but I took many photo in the museum. I'm sure that Tim and Tucker know all of these cars by name but.....I just see them as "the car with the.......brown paint (for example) Enjoy!

The car with the brown paint.

The Sunday drive car
The military car
 This was Tim's second car.  I remember when he bought it. We were both in high school working at A&W.  A flash from the past.
 I think this was my favorite car.....they need to bring this car back with all the newest safety features!

 I wish they made these again.  I love this car.
 This is the only car of this style ever made.  They found it in Texas....go figure? It may or may not be restored.

The museum has a new Lamborghini exhibit that opens tomorrow. We got a sneak preview of the exhibit today. Wow!!!  I have no words to describe it!




 The really expensive green car

The green car below was used as a Royal hunting vehicle. It even has a built in sink.

Speed record car....


This car has a mirror finish...not allowed in most countries....but rumor has it that prince from one of the "oil" countries purchased the only one in circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment