Thursday, March 11, 2010

On the road again!

Last weekend I went with some friends to Jindezhen...the pottery town...about one hour flight from Shanghai. We went with a group of 7 ladies...some new to Shanghai...some veterans like me......yes...it is true I am now a veteran. It is fun to pass down information to the next generation of expats. One of the blessing of living here....the people we have met and the friends we have made. There is a "bonding" that happens with people when they are living in a foreign country that is hard to describe. Several of my good friends have moved on but there are a whole new set that have just arrived.

Today I am flying to Korea....yes...I am "getting around" these days. It is hard to keep up my blog when I am on the road most of the time. Our Korea trip is again...."textile research and procurement". There are 6 of us "Shanghai quilters" going this year. This is my 3rd year...I can't even believe it! I will be back in Shanghai on Sunday night just in time to greet Tim at the airport when he arrives from the US. Perfect timing don't you think?

I will leave again on Monday for a "mystery destination"....stay tuned for "as the world turns" by Deb Spofford...

No comments:

Post a Comment