Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Korea Textile Shopping

Friday evening we arrived in Seoul for our annual fabric shopping trip. This year there were 6 shoppers from Shanghai. This is part of our gang (Connie, Beth, Kathy, and Julie) outside a restaurant where we had a fabulous Korean dinner. I think I could eat Korean food every day and not get tired of it. The flavors are sooooooo yummy!


Our host cooking our beef on the table grill.
Kathy Long enjoying the meal.
Grilled veggies and beef.

Shoppers at the Happy Quilt Warehouse
Mr. Kang's family
We were very spoiled this year.....they brought coffee and donuts to the warehouse for us while we shopped. Now that is service!

Our grand total for textile procurement this year.....drum roll......1003 yards!
Well done ladies!
I think I could open my own fabric store after this trip.

After the warehouse shopping we went to Dongdemun market and then to an outdoor market.

Food offerings at the street market.
Best made plans.....
Tim and I were supposed to arrive at the Pudong airport within 15 minutes of each other on Sunday afternoon. He was coming from Houston and I was coming from Seoul. It was a perfect plan! However....my flight from Seoul to Shanghai was delayed.....and delayed....and delayed. Originally we were to leave Seoul at 1:30, then at 4:10, then at 5:30....this continued until 7:30 in the evening. AAAARRRRGGGG! I finally got home around 10:30 that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment