Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Taipei

Tim and I are in Taipei this week. He is working (poor guy) and I am being a tourist. We arrived late last night so we got the "night taxi tour" from the airport. The sky line is much shorter than Shanghai with only one very very tall building.....Taipei 101
This morning we did a very American thing....we went to Costco! YES!...THEY HAVE A COSTCO IN TAIPEI!!! And....they carry the same products as in the US. This Costco is two floors...weird huh? I know I should be out experiencing the Taiwan culture but I was very happy to have an outer body experience and be transported back in time for just a few minutes.

So....I bet you are wondering what we bought at Costco.....really exciting things like gallon zip lock bags, Q-tips (the Shanghai Q-tips are really bad), face wipes, Honey Nut Cheerios (because they are $15 for a small box in Shanghai) , and a few bags of chocolate covered fruits. Ah...it was a great shopping day.

We are staying next door to Taipei 101. This building held the record for the tallest building in the world until the newest building in Dubai was finished.
It is taller than the WFC building in Shanghai.

In my opinion...it does not look tall enough to hold this record.
The taxi's are very cute here. And the drivers all speak English!
Rent a bike for the day or for the hour...I think I will try this tomorrow.

There is a shopping mall in the bottom of Taipei 101.
Oh darn!

Covered, elevated walk ways similar to the walkways in Hong Kong. I like it!

I walked Tim to the HP office this morning. It is just on the other side of 101. It is hot here! I had on a short sleeve shirt and I was "steaming" when I got back to the hotel.

There are lots and lots of motor cycles here.....and...... they go really fast compared to the scooters in Shanghai. AND...they stop for pedestrians!
Life is so civilized here.

PS....the internet is really fast and I am free to roam any internet site I want....even Facebook!
I love freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment