Friday, January 22, 2010

Eslite Bookstore

Today is our last day in Taipei. It is raining and a little bit cooler this morning. Did I mention that I spent some time at the pool this week? It was that warm....such a difference from Shanghai right now.

Yesterday, I found the coolest bookstore ever! Eslite bookstore is close to Taipei 101 and is the size of a shopping mall. It has 6 floors plus basement level 1 & 2 and is open until 2am. Every floor has funky, trendy, edgy, quirky, designer-y (see why I like it) things for sale in addition to books. I saw wonderful bags and stationary items, funky journals, clothing, watches, cameras, dishes, and home decorating things. There is an entire room (twice the size of our apartment) just devoted to "Art books". Oh! And they have American magazines!

Tim asked me if this bookstore is as good at Powell's in Portland. I tried to make an analogy for him....it went something like this....Powell's is like a comfortable well loved slipper where Eslite is like a 6 inch sexy red stiletto.

No comments:

Post a Comment