Thursday, November 11, 2010

Korea

One more entry for Korea....
This is my 4th trip to Korea in 4 years. I usually fly in and purchase fabric and shop at the downtown markets. This time I got to experience a different area of Seoul. Because it is around the Women's University there is lots of energy and little shops and young women studying in the coffee shops. Wow...there are tons of coffee shops...and waffle shops....they must really like waffles here.
Kim, Mi Sik took me to this cute restaurant that is in the alley street just down from the guest house. The food was very good traditional Korean.
After lunch we went across the street to this moon cake shop. The Korean moon cakes are very different from the Chinese moon cakes. They are eaten in Korea all year round not just during Moon Festival.

This is the one we purchased. It was very good....sort of like sticky rice with nuts and sesame seed in it.


These are two others....the green ones are made with mugwort???



The alley street that leads to the guest house





Ah....this was my favorite coffee shop....
It sits back off the street just a little so you can almost miss it if you are going up the street.

Entry to the Blind Alley....
The make great Waffles....like Belgium waffles.....
I went here twice and ordered coffee and waffles and ate them while I explored the area...yummy! Warm and right off the grill...

It is now 6:30 am in Korea....
I am packing and on my way to the airport.
I will be back in China around 1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment