Thursday, November 11, 2010

Korea Teaching trip

I am in Korea this week to teach at class at the Chung Young Yang Embroidery Museum. The Museum is part of Sookmyung Women's University.

I met Kim, Mi Sik last year in Shanghai. She was there to display her art quilts in an exhibition. She is a professor at the University and works with the Museum's learning center. She invited me to come to Korea to teach a technique workshop. And....that is why I am here now. I was very honored to be asked to teach at the museum. The workshop finished at about 3:30 this afternoon. We had 16 students, nice young graduate student named Boram Jeon who interpreted for us, and Kim, Do Han who is the manager for Bernina Korea.

Students preparing for class

The classroom was very nice......Bernina provided all the sewing machines for the class and Kim, Don Han stayed the entire day to help with the machines if anyone had questions.


Students working




We took a short break for lunch....I forgot what this was called....it was very good and colorful

Lunch break





Students working









Class photo

No comments:

Post a Comment