Friday, February 5, 2010

Lots of sewing happening at the Shanghai Spofford household this week. Tim left for the US Tuesday morning and will stay through next week. The nest is feeling really empty tonight. It seems there are lots of traveling husbands this week so I have enjoyed the company of other single souls the past few days. Six of us met for dinner last night after a fun day of quilting. I think I would go a bit crazy if I didn't have a passion for sewing little pieces of fabric together. Okay...maybe that is a little crazy but crazy is all relative. : 0


Decorations in the Mall area of JinQiao

Chinese New Year is the 14th of Feb and I can feel the "buzz" in the air here. It is similar to the days just before Christmas in the US. Lots of people shopping, making plans for a fresh start in the new year, and preparing for family gatherings and traveling back to their home towns. I was at Marks and Spencer yesterday and there were people buying boxes and boxes and boxes of chocolates. One women had about 100 boxes in her basket and that was just one of four baskets she had filled with food items.

No comments:

Post a Comment