Friday, November 6, 2009

The Factory AKA Having Some Fun

Wednesday I went to my graphic design class. I love this class! I bought a new toy so I could be like "the cool kids". I am the proud owner of a Wacom pad. This is a black flat thingy that is like a drawing pad but all the lines show up on your computer. There...that is my best explanation of how it works. Tim went to "electronic hell" for me on Sunday while I was still recovering from my cold/flu bug. He went to the electronics mall and found a vendor that had "the real deal". I have been playing with it every day. It is a little tricky getting the hang of drawing on a "pretend" paper and seeing it on the computer screen. Tucker told me to practice using it as a mouse so I played about a 100 games of spider solitaire on Monday night so I would be ready for class on Wednesday.

After class I came home and worked with Xiao Zhang to sew luggage tags. Our goal is to have 200 tags ready to sell at the Concordia Christmas sale on the 21st. After tomorrow I think we will have 135 complete. We ordered cute little fabric tags to put on the back of each luggage tag. They say handmade by Having Some Fun! One of the perks of living in China....we can have custom things made for a tiny price. So.....now we have 1200 little tags that say Having Some Fun! on them. Not sure what we will do with 1200 little tags but Hey...it was the same price for 1200 as for 250 so what the heck! Xiao Zhang came home after she picked up our little tags and said she told the them that we were a "very large company" and if they did a good job we might order more tags from them. We had a good laugh about that! Then she said I was the CEO and she was the president and our apartment was the factory. Mr. Zheng took her in the car to pick up the tags so we decided that he was the director of transportation. Our living room looked like a factory for the past two weeks...fabric, ironing boards, and sewing machines everywhere. Last night I moved "the factory" to Abi's bedroom. Sorry Abi...I promise to close the factory while you are home for Christmas vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment