Friday, July 3, 2009

And then it was quite....

We shuttled the kids to the airport this morning. Tucker and Hattie's flight was at 9:55 and Abi's was at 12:25. So....Tim and I took Tucker and Hattie on the Mag Lev train so we could help with their luggage.....then raced back to the house to get Abi and her luggage. We stopped at East West for breakfast (a tradition before traveling long distances) and then Mr. Zheng drove the three of us to the airport.

I talked a mile a minute through breakfast. It felt like I only had a few more minutes to give Abi all the wisdomly advice for life that I had to offer. Then she said "Mom, I know".

And now.....the house is very quite and the kids are somewhere over the Pacific Ocean. Abi on her way to Portland via San Francisco and Tucker and Hattie on their way to Seattle via Tokyo.

Wow....it seems like yesterday they were playing with legos and building forts with blankets. And so goes the "Days of our lives". The close of one chapter and the beginning of another.

Tim and I have a hot date tonight....we are eating in and watching a movie on TV.....watch out world...we have joined the "empty nesters" club!

No comments:

Post a Comment